HARDLY ANY DOUGH
Fresh, homemade pizza for under £2.00!
You can't beat fresh, homemade pizza, so to keep things simple for you, Eat Outdoors would like to share its very own bespoke Omica pizza dough recipe with you all... for free!
Created and tested by award winning pizza chef, Antonio Garcia of San Carlo Pizza, this recipe has been made specifically for the Omica Pizza Oven. Simple ingredients and an easy-to-follow cooking method means there really is no reason not to try this at home...
Omica Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 1kg flour with a high gluten content.
- 2g dry active yeast
- 600ml cold water
- 25-30g table salt
This recipe will give you 7 dough balls of 230g each. Making 7 pizzas of the perfect size to fit in the Omica pizza oven. The approximate cost of making each pizza base is about 20p each. But this does depend on the quality of ingredients purchased.
READ FULL RECEIPE >>
Omica Dough Method
- In a jug combine the lukewarm water, olive oil, yeast and the sugar or honey. Leave for 5 minutes to start the fermentation process.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and salt and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the liquid into the well.
- Mix the liquid into the flour and when it comes together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean hands.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes on a board adding flour to the surface to prevent sticking. The dough should be smooth and springy.
WATCH VIDEO >>
The Omica Result - Great Tasting Pizza