Electric Fly Killers and Insect Killer
What is a fly killer?
In the home or commercial kitchen, an electric insect killer is often vital to control pests in food preparation areas.
Outdoors you can you use an electric fly zapper to provide a more comfortable environment to enjoy year-round and all evening long. Indoors it can provide the essential distraction for flying insects so they donít become a nuisance or hazard.
At Heat Outdoors we provide a complete range of fly or mosquito killers and insect traps which offer exceptional fly zapper credentials.
Food areas are kept hygienic and pest-free by attracting and electrocuting flies and other flying insects. Patio and dining areas are kept free from small flying insects which cause a nuisance on fine summer evenings.
How do fly killers work?
In a commercial kitchen, an electric fly killer is vital to control pests. By attracting and electrocuting flies and other flying insects, your food areas are kept hygienic and pest-free.
We have three main types of fly killers for pest control.
Traditional electric fly zappers attract insects with light. When the pests come into contact with element they are zapped.
Glue boards use a similar light output to attract insects. The pests become trapped against sticky boards. These boards can be easily replaced to reduce cleaning.
Two main components make up a great bug killers. Usually ultra-violet tube bulbs and an electrified metal grid combine to provide a highly effective fly trap. Flying insects in most cases are attracted to bright ultra-violet light. The bulb entices pests onto the electrified grid, which vaporises them on contact.
Key benefits of an electric fly zapper
- Often kills instantly.
- Cleaning is easy and maintenance is low. Lamps rarely need to be changed
- UV light effective at attracting flies
- Less mess, dead insects often drop into an easy clean tray
- Energy efficient mosquito killer and bug zapper
Often called glue traps, these popular type of bug killer work in a similar way to a zapper. The glue board uses a fluorescent ultra-violet light to attract insects. The pests are then trapped against the replaceable sticky board.
Key benefits of a glue board fly killer
- Glue boards can be smaller in size to an electric insect killers and are usually smaller than zappers.
- Sometimes glue board fly traps require less cleaning than their electric fly zapper counterparts. Simply change out the glue board, give the unit a wipe down if needed and youíre good to go again.
- Less noise that electric fly zappers with no zapping noises as pests are captured by the fly trap.
- Energy efficient mosquito trap and insect killer.
Glue boards do need to be replaced, as flies are stuck until the board is replaced. During hotter months or particularly high insect areas, replacing the glue boards needs to be done more regularly.